This chicken and dumplings recipe is one of my all time favorite gluten free cooked meals! It’s also loved by the rest of my very large family.
There is a good amount of vegetables and protein in the soup portion, and an amazing dough that should impress anyone you make it for.
Anything in the soup portion of this recipe is adjustable, and you can mix and match ingredients to find whatever suits you!
Chicken + Dumplings Serves: 5 Prep time: 30-40 minutes
- Cut up the celery, carrots, onion, and chicken, then put them aside.
- Make the dough for your dumplings and keep that in a bowl.
- Place a 3 inch tall saucepan on low-medium heat, and add your vegetables and chicken. Then pour in your chicken stock, and stir for a minute or so.
- Using a spoon, scoop a spoonful of dough and place it in the saucepan. Repeat this step until all the dough is in evenly placed around the saucepan. ( You should still have your vegetables, chicken, and chicken stock in the saucepan.)
- Put a lid on your saucepan and let everything simmer on medium low heat for 12 minutes, flipping the dumplings over at halftime.
- Serve and enjoy!
How to prep dumpling dough:
1. Mix the gluten free flour, baking powder, and salt in a small-medium bowl, and mix the egg, vinegar, and milk in a larger bowl. 2. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and using a baking spatula, mix until a doughy texture.
Cut into small chunks-
- One head of celery
- Three carrots
- 1/2 an onion
- 2 cups of chicken
- 2 cups of chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. of chopped parsley
- One cup of gluten free flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. of baking powder
- A dash of salt
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of coconut milk or other type of milk
I hope you and anyone else you serve enjoy this easy and delicious meal!
~ G-Free Girl