Hey G-free Teens!
Last night I decided to play with some ingredients to make dinner. Recently I’ve been loving to make soups, and I wanted to share at least one with you guys. (There might be more on the way!) This soup is full of flavor and is gluten-free (obviously), dairy-free, corn-free, and AIP! I’m soon to be going on an AIP diet so I’ve been trying some of these recipes out too! I recommend eating this soup with some bacon, taco meat (on the side), or something with avocados, for excellent combined flavors! Sweet with savory is DELICIOUS!
For this soup you will need:
• 3 medium sized sweet potatoes
• 2-3 carrots
• Coconut milk (unsweetened if you’re AIP) to taste
• 1 onion
• 1 tsp. of cinnamon
• 1 quart of chicken stock
• 1 tsp. of pumpkin spice (If your AIP I have a recipe of an AIP pumpkin spice)
• 3-4 pieces of bacon cut into hash
How to make this soup:
- Peel and cut the sweet potatoes, onion, and carrots into large 2″ chunks.
- In an instant-pot, crock pot, or slow cooker, add the cut ingredients, cinnamon, and chicken stock, and pumpkin spice if you would like it.
- Turn the settings on your desired appliance to high for 30 or so minutes. (Until the ingredients get fairly soft.)
- Next, take an immersion blender and break down all the ingredients until they are in liquid form.
- Finally, add your coconut milk and any other optional
topings, stir, and enjoy!
See, this is a very simple dish with only a few steps! I enjoy making this when I have very little time to waste on making food, and my parents are busy with work.